If you are planning to go on that dream vacation, enjoy a more romantic life with your partner, build a bond among families, there is no better travel destination to visit than the UK. You don’t need to wait several years to explore incredible destinations and attractions that UK has to offer. Today, hundreds of thousands of people are enjoying the benefits of budget flights, cheap accommodations and restaurants without spending a fortune. The UK’s travel and tourism sector is one of the best in the world as more and more people are visiting the UK annually. Travel industry in the United Kingdom worth billions of dollars, is one of fastest growing industries in the world today.
Promotions and offers
Since 2010 tourism has turned out to be one of the fastest growing sectors in the United Kingdom when it comes to employment and it is estimated to worth over £257 billion by 2025. So many people are planning to travel but are limited by budget. Over the past few years, so many things have changed in the travel industry as people can go for their dream vacation at affordable rate. The UK travel industry is experiencing stiff competition and in a bid to draw foreign travelers from all around the world, airlines and hotel accommodations have decided to reduce their rates and started offering travel packages at reasonable prices. Nowadays, people are choosing travel over other leisure activities because it is affordable, fun filled and entertaining. Travelers of all kinds are benefiting greatly from the promotions and discounts offered by airlines and hotels in the UK as there is a wide range of budget airlines and cheap hotels to choose from.
The UK is one of the hottest romantic destinations that attracts thousands of couples and honeymooners from different parts of the world. There are plenty of cheap honeymoon packages available offering couples the chance to select the one that best fit their preferences and budget. Romantic travel to the UK is a perfect time to rekindle the flame with your loved one. Romantic tourism is one of the busiest sectors in the UK travel industry and has contributed immensely to the growth of the economy.
Interesting facts about travel industry in the UK
- Tourism is the third highest exporter in the UK after chemicals and financial services
- In 2010, a large number of foreign tourists to the UK came from the United States, France and Germany
- The most visited attraction in the UK is the British Museum attracting over 5 million visitors in 2010
- Due to the massive influx of overseas visitors to some of the royal destinations in the UK including Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle, the Royal family accounts for over £500 million of the total earnings of tourism in the UK.
- Over 80 percent of travelers to the UK visit by air
- The major tourist destination in the UK for oversea visitors is London welcoming millions of people annually.
- The Edinburgh Castle welcomes over 1 million people annually, making it the most famous tourist destinations in the UK outside of London