Italy

Car Rental Italy

One of the best ways of discovering the real Italy is getting around conveniently in a cheap car rental. Italy is home to some of the world’s most impressive cultural attractions worth exploring. Get behind the wheels and set out to discover the historical villages of Tuscany, or the magnificent lake regions of Como and Maggiori, or learn more about the rich historical pasts and unique cultures of the Romans in Rome or plan a trip to the ancient Roman ruins of southern Italy and Sicily in your car rental. The best way to get the most of your trip to this beautiful country is booking a cheap car rental Italy. You can find lots of great car rental companies that offers quality, well maintained cars of different models and brands through online car comparison websites such as Right Car Hire. Make reservation for cheap car hire in Italy today and see the country at your own convenience.

Italy is a fascinating travel destination full of several amazing things. Rome, the capital city is one of the world’s ancient city packed with several museums, art galleries and other lovely attractions worth exploring. Officially known as the Italian Republic, Italy is a boot-shaped country with two independent city states namely San Marino and Vatican City. Italy boasts of a rich cultural heritage in the arts, food, music, and architecture. Renowned for being a major center of the Renaissance, the Italian culture has flourished for many years. The country was proclaimed the Kingdom of Italy in 1861 under the reign of King Vittorio Emmanuele II.

Geography

Located on the Italian Peninsula in Southern Europe, Italy is a long peninsula, boot-shaped country. bordered by France, Switzerland, Austria, and Slovenia to the north, Italy stretches 301,225 square kilometers (116,303 square miles), slightly larger than Arizona. Italy is mostly mountainous, making it a perfect spot for hiking during summer and skiing during winter months. Italy is divided into 5 autonomous regions namely Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Sicily, Trentino-Alto Adige, Valle d’Aosta and Sardina.

Climate

Italy features a Mediterranean climate. Summer months can be hot and extremely cold during winter, particularly in the north. Italy has a mild weather all year round, making it a perfect destination for relocating overseas or spending a remarkable vacation.

Economy

Italy, a democratic republic, features one of the world’s highest GDP and it is also highly ranked on the Quality-of-life index. Italy is a member of the European Union, the Western European Union, the Council of Europe and the G8.

Population

Home to a population of over 60 million people, Italy is the sixth most populous nation on the continent of Europe. About 96% of Italy’s population is Italian. The remaining 4% consist of other ethnicities such as North African Arab, Italo-Albanian, Albanian, German, and Austrian.

Language
The official language of Italy is Italian, and about 95% of the population of Italy are native Italian speakers. However, the country features a number of regional dialects spoken including Sardinian, Friulian, Neapolitan, Sicilian, Milanese, Ligurian, Piedmontese, Venetian and Calabrian. Other languages spoken by a smaller percentage of the population of Italy include French, German, Croatian, Catalan, Slovene, Bavarian, and much more.

Religion

Italy’s main religion is Roman Catholism. Vatican City, which serves as the dwelling place of the Pope, is the hub of Roman Catholism. Over 90% of the population are practicing Catholics. Other religion practiced by the remaining 10% of the population include Jewish, Protestant and Islam.

Airport

Italy attracts millions of travelers – business travelers and vacationers – who fly into the country every year. Italy has a good number of airports that features great amenities, world class terminals and high quality service for passengers. One of the major airports in Italy is the Leonardo da Vinci Airport located at Fiumicino. The airport is a major port of call for domestic and international flights. Travelers have easy access to the city center with its many transport options such as express trains, trains, and car rentals.

 

Italy Cities